Probably the most important item for parents moving into a new community is finding the right schools. Hercules has many choices. Check each out here:
Equally as important is having the perfect local escape to picnic, let the kids play, take “Fido” for a walk, shoot a few hoops or host a family barbecue.
Following is a list of Hercules City Parks along with their location and a list of features. Permits (for larger groups) and park info is available at (510) 799-8291. There they can also tell you about Summer Camps, Aquatic and other sports programs and additional Park & Rec Activities.
– Play structures, open lawn space, jogging path
Beechnut Mini Park
199 Beachnut Drive
Duck Pond Park
997 Sycamore Avenue
– Walking trails, horseshoe pits, Bocce ball courts, gazebo, open grass areas, picnic tables, memorial tree grove
Foxboro Park and Tennis Courts
1025 Canterbury Avenue
– Recreation building, children’s tot lot, 2 tennis courts, 1 basketball court, picnic tables, barbecue pits, multi – use field, jogging trail
Frog Pad Park
1000 Willet Street
– Playground, children’s tot lot, picnic tables
Hanna Ranch Park
2480 Refugio Valley Road
– Ball field (unlighted), soccer fields, barbecue pit, picnic area
Ohlone Park and Community Garden
190 Turquoise Drive
-Picnic tables, barbecue pits, nature trail, community garden, dog park
Corner of Santa Fe and Railroad Avenue
– Barbecue pits, picnic tables, play area
Refugio Valley Park
1515 Refugio Valley Road
– Picnic tables, barbecue pits, jogging trail, lake, par course, multi-use field and a tot lot
1000 Tug Boat Lane
– Swings, play structures, barbecue pit, open lawn space, jogging path
Woodfield Park and Tennis Courts
1991 Lupine Road
– Children’s tot lot, 2 basketball courts, a softball field, multi-use field, 2 tennis courts
Hercules is ranked in Safewise Top Safest Cities in California for 2016 and the “most livable metro-area suburb” by Forbes.com. The Hercules Police Department works in partnership with the community serving 7 square miles and over 20,000 people. More about Hercules PD and Emergency Preparedness is here.
The city of Hercules is a friendly, forward thinking and family centric community. Events are created to bring everyone together throughout the year and there’s even a dedicated Hercules group on social media. Hercules and nearby Rodeo and Pinole boast terrific restaurants, bakeries and coffee shops.
#5 THE HOMES (Of course!)
The median home value in Hercules is $547,700. Hercules home values have gone up 7.9% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will rise 2.0% within the next year.
Contact me today with questions and to start finding your new home!